Thursday, April 21, 2011

The way to my heart is through a great rod!

Well, it's official!  I will be streamer fishing with my new Kelly Galloup's St. Croix Bank Robber 6 wt 9' rod on May 8th!  In case you weren't aware, I'm giving you the heads up, it's Mother's Day!  It should also be the peak of the Hendrickson hatch that weekend on the AuSable River. What better for a mother of 4 to do, other than spend the day with her kids, than to spend the day doing what mother loves most - fly fishing!


Scott Smith - Do you think it's big enough?!?

As you might recall, I was the very lucky winner of Au Sable Angler's raffle for a full day guided trip and lodging from the AuSable Valley Inn .  My guide will be Scott Smith, Bob Linsenman's partner in the fly shop. He is going to be at the oars for my float down the AuSable.

Besides being a fly shop owner, he is a full time dentist in Adrian, Michigan. He had been a client of Bob's for a number of years before becoming his partner 8 years ago. It has worked well and they have become dear friends. Imagine!

When not repairing teeth or working in the shop, Scott is the Coordinator for the State Council of Trout Unlimited Fly Fishing School held each year in Traverse City. He has been teaching there for 22 years now and is the lead instructor for the "Advanced" section of students. His special love is streamer fishing. Looks like I just hit the jackpot!

1 comment:

  1. Love the title and the post. Looks like you enjoyed your mother's day to the fullest.

    ReplyDelete